So update went smooth, and now we can build full Standard format decks in MTG Arena. And this is significant milestone. Our Deckbuilder also got an update, Kaladesh and Aether Revolt cards are added to card library. Here what’s the most important about the update:
- Start and End of Match – The “VS” and “Victory/Defeat” scene visuals have been upgraded and now include full-body player avatars.
- Rank Icons – Show off your Constructed and Limited rank in style with new badges for each Class and Tier, now displayed in the Duel Scene in addition to the menus.
- With the new rank icons, we’re also resetting all player matchmaking ratings (MMR) and rankings. All players will start off going through a series of ten placement matches for Constructed and Limited play.
- With this update, events that require an entry fee will be matching only based on player record instead of the previous win-loss record with a slight MMR skew. We’ll be watching how this plays out closely.
- Options Menu – The Options menu has received a visual overhaul as well as the much-needed confirmation for Log Out and Exit Game
- AI Draft – We’ve updated the AI drafters to do a better job of splashing powerful cards that relate to the core colors there in, and we’ve updated the color identity of some cards so the AI does a better job of drafting cards like Shalai, Voice of Plenty when the AI is in white at all. This means some cards that were wheeling very late may no longer do so!
- Banned cards will be called out as such in the Collection/Deck Builder with a red saturation overlay and text description hangar.
- MTG Arena is now Standard complete, the following cards are banned in Standard Constructed events and the ladder:
- Aetherworks Marvel
- Smuggler’s Copter (also banned in Standard Singleton)
- Felidar Guardian
- Attune with Aether
- Rogue Refiner
- Rampaging Ferocidon
- Ramunap Ruins
- A Welcome Bundle is now available for purchase in the Store.
- Contains 2,500 Gems and 5 Dominaria packs for $4.99 (one-time purchase)
- Aether Revolt and Kaladesh packs are now available for purchase in the Store.
- Additional daily rewards out to 15 wins. Each individual card reward (ICR) starts at uncommon and can upgrade to a higher rarity, and these will do so about 10% of the time, which is lower than event ICRs.
- Users in regions with value-added tax (VAT) will now be charged the appropriate tax when completing a real-money purchase in the store.
- Here are the full details of the new daily reward structure for wins 1–15:
- We’ve changed how mouse-over for cards in the hand works to leave the hit-box in place, rather than growing it as the card is hovered. This makes it far easier to select cards in your hand, especially when you’re well beyond seven cards. If you have a low framerate, this can make it harder to drag out spells if you do a quick flick as there is less target space now.
- We’ve changed how the game installs, so after this update the data files will be in the install directory. We’ve also reduced the download size and initial load times.
- We’ve fixed an issue with the in-match browser buttons having oversized hit-boxes. They were intruding on the scroll bar and causing misclicks. You can now scroll safely. And remember you can scroll with middle-mouse, too.
- When the player has simultaneous triggers to order, we now show a browser to allow players to order them, similar to ordering blockers. Identical triggers from the same source don’t ask for ordering.
- We’ve added the X value into the text box for spells on the stack with an X value.
- When you inspect a card with right-click in-match, the card’s flavor text will show up in a hanger.
- We’ve updated the intention lines to better show what they’re targeting.
- We’ve changed the way text boxes work so cards with lots of text, like Gonti, Lord of Luxury, have larger text which you can scroll through with your middle mouse button. This doesn’t impact too many cards in English, but is important for readability in other languages.
- We’ve updated in-game timers to increase the pace of play, while providing players more time where they need it. Changes include:
- Players receive extra time after playing a spell or activating a non-mana ability.
- Active turn timer reduced to 90 seconds.
- The nonactive timer no longer resets at the start of the pre-combat main phase or the end phase.
- The nonactive timer resets at the start of declare blockers step.
- Planeswalker and Saga images can now be used as deck images with appropriate crops.
- The weekly reward timer now runs at the appropriate pace.
- Removed the “switch view” button from the collection; it did nothing.
- Deck images no longer persist if you transition too quickly to another scene.
- When drafting more than four copies of a card and changing views, column view no longer sometimes displays as if only one copy was drafted.
- Extra boosters rewarded at the end of a draft event now always display in the rewards sequence
- The rewards/objectives/quest bar no longer becomes unresponsive while navigating away during pack opening.
- Resolved a significant framerate hitch when redeeming Wildcards.
- Players can no longer get into a state where they are unable to draft cards after rapidly changing views.
- Changing views while drafting no longer causes the previous card choices to reappear.
- Changing views while completing a draft no longer causes Draft UI elements to persist.
- All unowned cards now appear grayed out in your Collection.
- Cycling visual effects no longer play on mouse-over zoom or Examine after a card is cycled.
- Corrupted visual effects no longer appear when a card enters the small area next to your hand that shows abilities that can be activated from your graveyard.
- Users are now able to see each card in a stack of cards in Examine view.
- Gideon of the Trials’s +1 ability now shows targeted creature with a red intention line.
- Copies of copies now correctly display the originally copied card, and tokens created by the copy of a copy have art.
- Action button now displays “Damage” instead of “End Turn” or “My Turn” after first strike damage is dealt during the combat damage step.
- Players can no longer draw invisible cards in their opening hand.
- Mana produced by Vodalian Arcanist can no longer be used to pay the cost imposed by Syncopate.